Transio TCC-80I User’s Manual

Transio TCC-80I User’s Manual

The TCC-80I is the world’s first high-speed, isolated, self-powered converter. It is powered via the host’s RS-232 port and provides complete signal conversion between RS-232 and RS-422/485 devices. The TCC-80I coverts back and forth between RS-232’s TxD and RxD lines to either half duplex 2-wire RS-485 or the balanced signal of full duplex 4-wire RS-422/485. In addition, the TCC-80I’s built-in 15 KV ESD surge protector provides the output ports with comprehensive protection against surges and spikes. Perhaps the most important feature is the 2.5 KV isolation designed to prevent ground loop currents, reduce damage caused by data loss, and prevent damage to the communication interfaces.

The TCC-80I is also designed to provide RS-485 auto data direction control, in which the RS-485 driver is enabled automatically when the circuitry senses the TxD output from the RS-232 signal. Programming effort is not required to control the transmission direction of the half duplex RS-485 signal.

Package Checklist
• TCC-80I
• USB Power Cord
• User’s Manual

Applications
• Multipoint data acquisition
• Factory automation
• Remote serial device control
• Building security automation
• Critical industrial control

Get pdf Transio TCC-80I User’s Manual

Sprintwealth