Acer Aspire 1601LC Howto pdf

Acer Aspire 1601LC Howto pdf

When I bought this laptop, I realized how difficult it was to find correct informations about the compatibility with GNU/Linux. I created this howto in order to centralise the information I collected. As I have a Debian Sid, it’s this distribution which was used to test the laptop. This doesn’t mean that the others distributions won’t work with the laptop ! You will just have to adapt some things to your distribution.

The goal of this document is to help people to configure the hardware of this laptop. This means that I will not give any information on the installation of the Debian… It’s possible that there are mistakes and oversights in this howto. Help me to improve it : report them. In the same way, my English is not very good. Send me a mail if you see spelling mistakes. Thanks.
Important note : if you use the ACPI patch or not, the kernel won’t boot without the “noapic” option which disables the APIC (the APIC is different from the ACPI)

Organisation of the document
Each following section treats of a particular piece of hardware. In appendix, you will find some files like “modules.conf” that you can use to configure your installation. The lines beginning with $ are commands that you can run as user. Those beginning with # have to be run as root.

Get pdf Acer Aspire 1601LC Howto pdf

Sprintwealth